Information in the App
Using the App
Where can I download the app?
If you are on your smartphone or tablet:
- Visit the App Store for iOS devices: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/petdesk/id631377773?mt=8
- Visit the Google Play store for Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locai.petpartner&hl=en_US
From the PetDesk Website:
- Visit our page: https://petdesk.com/download-app-for-pet-health/
- Under “Send a link to your phone to get the app”, enter your 9-digit mobile phone number in the space provided
- Click on the button “Send Link To Phone”
- Click on the link in the text message sent to your phone, and follow the download instructions specific to your device
Why should I download the app?
The PetDesk application makes it easy to manage your pet’s health. This free app lets you:
- Set reminders for your pet’s recurring treatments and needs
- Manage your pet’s veterinary, grooming, and boarding needs all in one place
- Save photos of your pet
- Take notes to keep in mind for your next pet care visit
If your veterinary clinic uses PetDesk, you get these additional benefits via the app:
- Keep track of your pet’s appointment, vaccination, and medication history
- Get reminders to book your pet care appointments
- Schedule and confirm appointments easily
- Receive messages from your veterinarian about prescription pick-ups and post-surgery updates
What devices does the app work on?
- PetDesk is available on IOS and Android devices (Mobile or Tablet).
How do I edit my email listed in the app?
- Open the PetDesk App on your phone or tablet
- On the “Pets” tab, tap the bar at the top with your name
- Tap your email and delete the old one
- Enter in your new email
- Tap “Update” or “Save” in the top right corner to save changes
- This will update your email in the app and with PetDesk communications.
Why isn’t my pet’s information showing up in the app?
- If your clinic uses PetDesk, make sure the email you used in the app is the same one your veterinary clinic has on file.
- If your clinic doesn’t use PetDesk, we don’t have any of the information listed within your file to be able to automatically show the information in the app.
Can I edit my medical or prescription records?
- No, this cannot be done manually. It needs to be updated in your file at your clinic within their practice management software. It will update with our next system sync.
I’ve forgotten my password! What do I do?
- First, open the app by selecting the PetDesk icon on your device
- If you are not logged in yet, at the bottom of the screen click on “Log In”
- If you are unsure of your password, click on “Forgot your password?”
- From here, follow the directions to enter the account’s current email address. We will send an email with further instructions to reset your password.
- Open the email we sent to your email address with the subject, “PetDesk App Password Reset”
- Click the link in the email “Click here to reset your password”
- Enter a new Password here (you will have to confirm your entry as well)
What do I do when my reset password email didn’t work?
- Contact PetDesk Support at email@example.com
Where can I manage and control personal data related to my PetDesk account?
In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), PetDesk honors California resident’s right to:
- Know and have access to personal information is being collected about them.
- Know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- Say no to the sale of their personal information.
- Have equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights.
Beginning on January 1, 2020, all PetDesk users can manage and control what PetDesk does with personal data. Requests can be made via our online forms or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to do the following:
- Email me with all my personal information that PetDesk has retained.
- Update my information and/or my preferences about how my information is used by PetDesk.
- Have my personal information deleted.
How do I sign out of the app?
- Open the PetDesk app
- Tap on the “Pets” tab
- Tap on the box located at the top of the screen, stating your Name, Email, Address, and Phone Number
- Tap on the pink “LOGOUT” button located in the bottom right corner of the screen
- You will be prompted to confirm that you “really want to Log out of PetDesk” – Tap on “LOGOUT“
How can I add a photo to my pet’s profile?
- Open the PetDesk App
- On the “pets” tab, tap on your pet’s photo or name to open your “Pet Profile”
- Tap “Add Photo” or on the photo of your pet
- You will be prompted to choose, “Photo Library” to access a saved photo or “Take a Photo”
You can select a photo, and update anytime!
How do I delete a pet from the app?
- Open the PetDesk App
- Select the “Pets” tab
- On the “Pets” tab, tap on your pet’s photo or name to open your “Pet Profile”
- Scroll to the bottom of the profile and tap the red “Remove Pet” button
- You will be prompted to confirm that you are sure you “Want to remove?” all your pet’s data from the app including reminders. Select “Yes, Remove“
I can’t find my grooming salon, how can I add them to the app?
We are happy to hear you would like to use PetDesk with your groomer. If you would let us know the name of their business, we can reach out to them and discuss getting them on board as an active service provider. To utilize the reminder and appointment service within the app, the business has to be set up internally with our system first.
You can email us your request with the business name and point of contact at email@example.com
I can’t find my question here…
- Please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will get back to you as soon as we can! Our normal business hours are 8am-5pm PST Monday-Friday.