Spring has arrived! The nation is anticipating a wide relaxation on COVID-19 protocols as the vaccine rollout continues.
You and your practice went curbside to meet these protocols. You adjusted and designed a process to work smoothly for everyone involved in an appointment. And now, with the health restrictions lifting, you and your staff are faced with a question: how do we reopen for our clients, if at all?
There are two questions important for veterinary practices to answer if you’re considering reopening:
- What do my clients want? And do they want it bad enough that they will leave if I don’t answer it?
- What are my fellow industry professionals doing?
We ran a survey of our customers and their clients to determine both parties’ sentiments about curbside.
- 48% of surveyed clinics indicated that they were unlikely or very unlikely to keep providing curbside service.
- 24% of surveyed clinics are likely or very likely to keep providing curbside service.
- 73% of surveyed practice reported that curbside appointments have increased their daily workload.
- 62% of pet owners surveyed have a preference for exam room appointments.