Many clients like texting you – and that’s great! One less phone call.
But many practices are missing the amount of outbound phone calls or emails that they can replace by using a simple and clear template. Save these templates in your platform or in a separate document so your front desk can quickly and easily knock out those pesky outbound calls faster than you can finish reading this blog post.
Let us know if there’s a template you use (or just one you like best) that we didn’t include!
Curbside & Covid
These templates can remove certain curbside calls off of your plate! Many of the other ones below can also be used for curbside, but these are especially useful to replace dialing the phone with a couple of clicks!
- Curbside Appt: Once you’ve arrived for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle and text this number [PRACTICE PHONE] with the parking spot number you are in. A team member will assist you shortly.
- Procedure Drop Off: Great! We will have a technician call or come out to you shortly to get the appointment started.
- Contact Precautions: Due to COVID-19, we ask that you pre-pay for your items to further limit contact for extra safety precautions. Please text when you arrive and we will bring the items outside.
Appointment Scheduling and Management
Clients love texting about their appointments. Use these to keep them in-the-know and secure responses where you might have previously left a voicemail.
- Estimate: Attached, you will find an estimate for your pet’s treatment/procedure. Please let us know if you have any questions that we can address for you.
- Longer Wait: Hi, just reaching out with an update. Due to the arrival of an unforeseen emergency, there may be a longer wait time for your appointment. Thank you so much for your understanding!
- Missed Appointment: We had you scheduled for a veterinary appointment today. We’re sorry we missed you. Please call us to re-schedule.
- Same-Day Appointment: Hello! We just received your request for an appointment tomorrow; however, we have time available today at [TIME] with Dr. [NAME]. Would you like to bring [PET NAME] in today?
Keeping your client records clean and accurate is one of the more difficult tasks that veterinary staff prioritize. Use these templates to help make it simple!
- New Client Intake Form: Hello! Welcome to [PRACTICE NAME]. Please fill out the following form to help us prepare for your appointment tomorrow. [LINK TO FORM]
- Patient History Form: Hello! Please fill out the following form to help us prepare for your appointment tomorrow. [LINK TO FORM]
- No Email Address on File: Hi there, it seems that we are missing your email address in our records. When you have a chance, could you update us with your email address? Thank you!
Client Notifications after Service
Everyone knows that an easy way to add personal touch is keeping clients updated about the results of their pets’ appointments! Skip the voicemail, and give your clients the information they want via text message.
- Prescription Pick Up Reminder: The requested prescription for your pet has been filled. Please, pick up at your earliest convenience. Call our office at [PRACTICE PHONE] for questions or to pre-pay prior to curbside service.
- Surgery Update: Hi there, we wanted to let you know [PET NAME]’S surgery went great. We will let you know when they are ready for pickup.[ATTACH PHOTO OF PET]
- Download the PetDesk App: Please click the link to download the PetDesk App. Our App will give you access to your pets’ medical records; you can request an appointment or medication refill without having to wait on hold! [SIGN UP LINK]
Clients need reminders for a lot of things. Getting your texting platform ready to remind them is one of the simplest ways to cut outbound calls from your front desk’s task list.
- Surgery Reminder: To prepare for your pet’s surgery tomorrow, please withhold food and water after midnight. Your pet will need to be dropped off at 8:15 am on the morning of surgery.
- Appt Reminder: Hello from [Practice Name]! [NAME]’s Appointment is: [DATE] at [TIME]. Please reply with YES to confirm or CX2 to cancel. If you need to reschedule, please call us at [PRACTICE PHONE]. We look forward to seeing you!!
- Cancellation Notice: If you need to cancel, please do so at least 15 minutes before your appointment to avoid a no show fee.
- It’s Been A While…: Hi there! It’s been a while since we last saw you and [PET NAME]. We recommend all pets get seen annually to ensure they stay healthy for as long as possible. We would love to see [PET NAME]. You can schedule an appointment through our app [INSERT APPOINTMENT LINK]